Assistantship, Internships, Employment, and Other Opportunities
Academic Advisor - College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology
May 2019 - Present - Advising primarily freshman and sophomore Mechanical Engineering Technology, Chemical, Aerospace, and Mechanical Engineering students from enrollment to Professional School applications - Serve as an integral member of a team that provides academic advising, orientation, and support to students in the College of Engineering, Architecture and Technology - Assist in providing direction to students regarding:
Major and minor selection
- Advisors serve as ombudsperson for OSU and CEAT resources as they facilitate student academic success, acclimate them to university life, inform them of opportunities, enhance internship and career opportunities, and mentor them in addressing related personal challenges and concerns - Inform students of academic requirements, policies, and procedures and ensure compliance - Maintain office hours consistent with advising and mentoring demands, particularly during heavy enrollment periods, and demonstrate clear knowledge of the duties and responsibilities necessary to successfully perform associated tasks - United Way representative for the CEAT Student Services office - Present to student and parent groups on college preparedness and majors withing the college - Substitute teach ENGR 1111: Introduction to Engineering throughout the fall semester - Run the New Student Orientation CEAT Canvas page announcements - Made, distribute, and respond to CEAT survey targeting incoming CEAT freshman and giving a space to ask questions
Assistant Coordinator for Student Success - Housing and Residential Life.
July 2017-May 2019 - Advised and Co-Advised the Residence Halls Association Officer Team - Co-advised the National Residence Hall Honorary Officer Team - Hired and supervised a staff of 8 desk clerks - Oversaw the Office of Residential Student Engagement - Co-Advised the coordination of roughly $110,000 budget each semester - Advised the Southwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls Regional Leadership Conference (2018) - Advised the Prepare to Program conference (2018) - Sat on the Assessment (2018-19) and Curriculum (2017-18) committees within Housing and Residential Life - Advised the Entertainment Chair for the Southwest Affiliate of College and University Housing Officers Resident Assistant Conference (2017) - Chaired the Leadership End of Year Banquet Committee
Intern - Vice President of Student Affairs Office.
August 2018-April 2019 - Assisted the Executive Director for Student Affairs with the Leadership OSU Mentor-Mentee Program - Assisted with preparations for the 2019 Assesstivus conference at Oklahoma State University - Assisted the Vice President for Student Affairs with tasks such as presentations, books, and resources for the Legal Issues HESA 5463 class - Attended 3 Student of Concern Committee meetings - Attended 2 Behavioral Consultation Team meetings - Attended 1 Board of Regents meeting
Intern - College of Engineering, Architecture, and Technology Student Services.
May 2018-July 2018 - Observed academic advising sessions - Assisted with freshman orientation browse sessions - Assisted students with the class registration process - Contacted students and families for reminders about the ALEKs exam - Created a form for summer student probation weekly check-ins - Observed weekly staff meetings within the CEAT Student Services office - Observed freshman orientation CEAT Academic presentations
Conferences & Opportunities.
- OACADA Annual Conference September 2019 - Attendee and Member-at-Large - Oklahoma Advising Advising Association (OACADA) Member
Joined OACADA steering committee as Member-at-Large
- Inducted into the Lynn and Francis Jackson National Residence Hall Honorary Chapter - April 2019 - Assesstivus 2019
Presented poster presentation - Prepare to Program 2018
- Oklahoma State University Retention Conference 2019
Presented poster presentation - Prepare to Program 2018
- Oshkosh Placement Exchange 2019 - OSU Recruitment Team - SWACURH Regional Business Conference 2019 - Southwest Affiliate of College and University Housing Officers (SWACUHO) 2019
Presented - Advisor's Survival Guide to Event Planning Groups
- Inducted into Phi Kappa Phi (November 2018) - Mental Health First Aid Certificate Recipient (October 2018) - Southwest Affiliate of College and University Residence Halls (SWACURH) Regional Leadership Conference 2018 - National Association of Campus Activities (NACA) Central Region 2018 - Prepare to Program 2018 - "R" Is for Thursday Training Certificate Recipient (July 2018) - National Association of College and University Residence Halls (NACURH) 2018 - Assesstivus 2018 - The Placement Exchange 2018 - OSU Recruitment Team - Southwest Affiliate of College and University Housing Officers (SWACUHO) 2018
Presented - Keeping Time
- SWACURH Regional Business Conference 2018 - SWACURH RLC 2017 - Residential Curriculum Institute 2017
- OCSPA Outstanding Graduate Student 2019 - Outstanding Emerging Professional from the Higher Education and Student Affairs Program at Oklahoma State University - SWACUHO Bob Huss Outstanding Graduate Student of the Year Award 2019 - SWACURH Advisor of the Month October 2018 - OSU Advisor of the Month August 2018 - Bronze Pin from RHA President - SWACURH Minor Award 2018 - SWACURH Mita Musik Advisor of the Year 2018 - Nominated for NACURH Valerie Averill Advisor of the Year 2018
Q and Gay Poster Presentation
Prepare to Program 2018 Poster Presentation
Valerie Averill Advisor of the Year Nomination
My Time at Texas Tech University
Orgainzations, Employment, and Involvement
Community Advisor - Housing and Residence Life.
August 2016-May 2017, January 2016-May 2016, August 2014-May 2015 - Oversaw a floor of 32-46 residents at a time - Consistently planned and implemented 3-5 programs each month - Assisted in advising the Hulen-Clement Community Council President - Participated in an emergency response/on-call rotation
Red Raider Orientation Crew Member.
July 2016 - Welcome over 8,000 students to the Texas Tech campus - Assisted with class and orientation registration, inventory, and socials - Co-lead small groups ranging from 10-30 students
Summer Conference Staff.
May 2015-August 2015, May 2014-August 2014 - Participated in an emergency response/on-call rotation - Worked with Starrez and other computer programs involving student check-ins, check-outs, and room management - Managed payments for extra over-night stays and lost keys - Organized and completed key audits between each conference or orientation session
National Residence Hall Honorary - Texas Tech Chapter - President: May 2016-May 2017 - Vice President of External Affairs: May 2015-May 2016 - Member: February 2015 - Lifelong Membership End of Year Banquet Committee - Committee Member: November 2016 - April 2017 Cleaning Up the Environment Committee - Committee Member: August 2015 - May 2017 Silent Raiders - Member: August 2016 - May 2017 Carol of Lights Planning Committee - Committee Member: August 2016 - December 2016 Pre - Speech, Language, and Hearing Sciences Organization - Founder: April 2015 - Co-President: April 2015 - April 2016 Howdy Techsans - Howdy Techsan & Red Raider Recycler Leader: August 2015 - Howdy Techsan: August 2013
TTU Housing and Residence Life: - Jerry Calumn Award 2017 - Volunteer of the Year 2016 SWACURH: - NRHH President of the Year 2017 - Silver Feather Pin - Cornerstone Award 2016 National Residence Hall Honorary & Residence Halls Association: - Bronze Pin from RHA President - TTU Executive Board Member of the Month April 2017 - Outstanding NRHH Member April 2016 - SWACURH Executive Board Member of the Month April 2016 - TTU Spotlight of the Month April 2016 - SWACURH Resident Assistant of the Month February 2016 - SWACURH Executive Board Member of the Month September 2015 - NACURH Student of the Month July 2015 - TTU Resident Assistant of the Month February 2015